Crochet Patterns for Baby and Newborn Booties, Hats and More

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Aida Lacy Shawl, Free Crochet Pattern








I wanted to publish this free pattern for Woman's Day, but unfortunately I was unable to log in to my blog and edit it. It took some time for me to figure out why and by then Woman's Day was already over. To every lovely woman out there who fights her own battles behind closed doors, juggles a million things and is the epitome of unconditional love, A  belated Happy Woman's Day! 

                          I hope you enjoy working on this free pattern. This would make a perfect project for Spring, lacy and airy! The stitches used are so tall,  your shawl grows a mile a minute. I was able to complete it in 2 days flat. The part I struggled with was taking the pictures. If there is any part I hate about blogging and  crochet, it is capturing the items on camera. Some colors and lighting just don't work in your favor and it makes my blog look less awesome! I hope you see the real beauty behind the crappy pictures of this shawl. 


The pattern is worked in DK weight yarn with a F (3.75mm) hook. I used an H ( 5mm) hook for foundation chain to keep it loose and then switched to an F hook.  It is 62 inches long and 6 to 24 inches wide. For anyone who has the patience, I bet this shawl would look lovelier in a fingering weight, thinner yarn. 

Find the Free Pattern here: Aida Lacy Shawl

If you love it please share it using one of the social media buttons below, thank you!

17 comments:

  1. I don't think the pictures are crappy. What caught my eye is the draping quality to this shawl. Add to that, that it is a fast pattern to work up. I think you have done a great job on both. Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely shawl. I love the such pattern. And, thank you so much for sharing the pattern; I plan on making it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, logging in can sometimes be such a hassle. Happy it worked though and a wonderful project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pattern. I think I'll use it to make a light summer throw for our bed when I want to take a nap. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful pattern and I can't wait to make it. Thank you for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is the wording for Row 1 correct that you start the triple crochet for row 1 in the 13th chain from the hook? That seems a bit far down the chain to start it. Is it supposed to start at the 4th chain from the hook? Thank you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it is not off. 13 counts for 1 triple + 8 chains.

      Delete
  7. I love this pattern. Can a blend of Mohair yarn be used? I have always worked with acrylic yarns. I've decided that after 37 years of crocheting it's ti me to branch out. I have just started working with worsted cotton thread. I have 3 projects for myself using #10 cotton thread. I'm a little nervous about making them but I also said to myself it's time. I am just now signing up for your newsletter. Thank you in advance for letting me ramble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think it would come out beautiful. I think the thinner the yarn, the more gorgeous this will turn out.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for this pattern, I will try it as soon as I've finished the 3 projects going now. About the "crappy" pictures, Plae a piece of dark fabric underneith to show off the pattern and texture,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing this pattern! I have looked and looked for a shawl pattern that does not end in a "V" in back, but is still open and lacy...this is it! I'm starting it today, in pure white.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a beautiful shawl! I'm new to crochet and having a little difficulty on Row 2. I completed Row 1 and did the chain 5 and 1 tr on the same stitch on Row 2, but confused on the rest. Am I to do a chain or chains after the chain 5 and 1 tr in between each tr from the previous row? Tried doing chain 5 and the 1 tr but it doesn't seem to appear as it should. Thank you so much for your response. Trying to make this for my sons' teachers for end of school and don't have much time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you don't chain after the initial ch 5 and triple. You will work (tr, ch 1, tr, ch 1, tr) on top of each triple.

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What exactly is DK weight yarn? Thx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It refers to the thickness of the yarn. Yarn label might call it DK and also have the number 3 on the label. It is also called Light Worsted or 8 ply.

      Delete

AddThis