Crochet Patterns for Baby and Newborn Booties, Hats and More

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Chunky Infinity Scarf Crochet Pattern, Knit Look Crochet Scarf, Addison Infinity Scarf











This infinity scarf is worked with super chunky yarn ( size 6) and a very large hook. The scarf has a knit look to it and will make a wonderful uptown accessory in two to three hours. The challenge with designing using a chunky yarn has always been to keep the stitches simple and not over the top. With a yarn that has so much personality, I feel you should keep the design minimal and let the yarn do all the talking. Photographing it was another big challenge. I had to play so much with  the lighting to finally capture the real colors. I still feel the pictures don't do much justice to the real scarf. You can make the scarf in two colors like I did or one single color. I think it would look lovely in colors mustard or purple. Crochet this chunky scarf to add spice to your winter wardrobe this season.

I used 4 skeins of Cozy wool from Loops and Threads for this scarf. If you are looking for a cheaper option for the same yarn weight, you can use Hometown USA from Lion Brand. It won't break your bank and comes in a kaleidoscope of colors.

* The pattern uses Super Bulky, size 6 yarn. I used Cozy Wool from Loops and Threads in colors Granite and Fleece. The UK/Australian equivalent is 14 ply.
* The pattern uses a Q hook (15.75mm)
* The scarf is 62 inches in circumference and 9 inches wide.
*Pattern is written in US terms

Find the free pattern here: Addison Infinity Scarf

10 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this pattern! I'm about to knit a similar scarve :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for sharing your patterns. This scarf is very nice and looks warm; I will be making it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your patterns with us; they are all lovely and the instructions are easy to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty... goes well with the red hair on the "model" teeheehee

    The Best Free Crochet Patterns On The Web!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This infinity scarf is wonderful. The color combination is perfect, since white is neutral color. The color shared or I should say, blue and white in this scarf has a harmonious to each other. Thanks for sharing your pattern with your readers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wrote a whole comment & the computer lost it! grrr...just wanted to let you know that this scarf is beautiful. I Love the stitch, the colour combination you used is really nice.....I am in Australia, I have a question...you said you used 4 skeins, now a lot of the wool I have sourced on line come in 50 gram balls, but the one I found that I liked is a 125 gram ball....so, how many balls would I need? I like a long scarf, too....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could you please see if they have written the measurements in yards or meters?

      Delete
    2. I live in Ireland and I need to buy wool in metric as well. The statistics of this yarn are: 90 yards (82 meters) and 127 grams (4.48 ounces) at a gauge of 9.0 sts = 4 inches (~100 mm) with 9 mm needle; 9 mm recommended hook size. In standard yarn terms the yarn is Super Bulky/Super Chunky 5-6.

      Delete

AddThis