Crochet Patterns for Baby and Newborn Booties, Hats and More

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Alana Lacy Scarf, Free Crochet Pattern















Once the summer sets in I am always thinking of crochet projects that are wearable on sunny days and a lacy scarf turned out to be the perfect project to feed my crochet addiction. You can hardly see me without my scarf and I think it is the perfect accessory to dress up any plain outfit. looking for a mother's day gift? Why not whip one of these real quick?  It is a fast growing  crochet pattern with all the big gaps and the repetitive pattern would put you at ease instantly.  I tried them in  acrylic and a blend of cotton, the cotton one came out gorgeous with more stitch definition as you can see in the purple scarf. The red one I whipped up with some leftover baby acrylic yarn and still looks beautiful and light.

The pattern is worked in DK weight yarn with a G (4.25mm) hook. It has tassels at the end and is 60 inches long and 6 to 6 1/2 inches wide. It is very easy to add to the width of the scarf as all you have to do is keep repeating the rows. The tassels at the end are easy to add and you can add as many as you want.

Find the Free Pattern here: Alana Lacy Scarf.

If you love it please share it using one of the social media buttons below, thank you!

15 comments:

  1. Sooooo beautiful! Love the colors!Thanks for sharing.
    Have a great week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for these beautiful pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where are the instructions?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made the scarf and I love how it turned out. Thank you.... I was wondering if you have a matching pattern for a hat or beanie to go with this scarf. Would love to give the set to my daughter-in-law for her birthday! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love this scarf, going to make it soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do love this pattern, think I'll make one

    ReplyDelete
  7. where do I get the pattern

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a link at the bottom of the post.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for sharing that pretty scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing that pretty scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi ! For the ones on the above picture, did you really chain only180+3 because when I do that, the scarf is too short ! For having 60" long I had to chain 240. Please tell me !
    Friendly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can try switching to the next size hook. It is possible that you crochet tighter than me.

      Delete
  11. How do you think I would go as a beginner with this? I also have to translate it all into Aussie lol...
    It looks really lovely....you are so clever....
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete

AddThis